When you’re truly inspired, you’ll be compelled to have confidence. What does it mean to be inspired? To be inspired is to be especially encouraged to do something. You’re excited and compelled to go forward, regardless of the quest. You can overcome any challenge when you’re inspired.
Seek out people, places, and things that inspire you.
Consider these ideas to help find inspiration:
- Think back on prior successes. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how excited you get when you ponder your past accomplishments. Avoid minimizing your successes.
- For example, you might have made it through a very rough year in 7th
- Perhaps your family moved just when you were getting ready to start high school with all your friends and you rose to the occasion.
- Maybe you performed well in a job interview and got the job.
- Possibly, you painted every room of your house three years ago on your own.
- What is the one thing you’re the most proud of in your life? Write about the situation: what you thought about it at the time, how you felt, what you did, and how things turned out. Let your pride flow. You made it through and as a result, were wiser, kinder, or stronger.
- Build on your pride to build on your confidence.
- What can you learn about that experience? This step is the most important of all when reflecting on what you’ve done well over the years. When you connect with what you learned, that’s knowledge you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life. And knowledge is a great confidence-enhancer.
- Profit from challenges. See challenges as they truly are: chances to practice living so you can do better the next time a similar situation comes around.
- Be brave. Find the courage to re-visit past rough periods in your life and identify what you learned from those difficult times. Let your lessons from prior challenges build your confidence and ignite your momentum to move you forward.
- Acknowledge the fact that you made it through. The bumpy path you traversed brought you to where you are today. Recognize you can go even further. There’s no better confidence booster than knowing that you made it through some very trying times and emerged into the light again.
When you seek to get inspired, you’ll become excited about whatever you’re working toward in life. Your inspiration will instill the confidence you want and need to keep moving in the direction of your dreams.
“It is only necessary to have courage, for strength without self-confidence is useless.” ~Giacomo Casanova
Finding your own confidence is a journey well worth taking. As you progress through the above steps, your interest in your own life will grow. You’ll realize you can do almost anything you put your mind to.
Visualize your dreams. Study confidence to learn how it can help you change your life. Discover motivation because your motivation will urge you in the direction of whatever you want in life.
Expect success. When you know you can do it, you will. Find inspiration because inspiration lights the fires of your passions and compels you to have the confidence to go forward.
Know that you truly can develop the confidence you desire. Start the journey to confidence now. Your dreams are waiting.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~Theodore Roosevelt