Our training is centred around empathy and understanding, putting ourselves in others shoes and perceiving things differently. What may be normal and acceptable to us, could be unusual to other cultures. Fostering an awareness and respect of the different value systems especially in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, can provide your organisation with sufficient insight and advantage.
Much of the training is about challenging the information we have and looking at different ways of understanding. Our training provides teams with the ability to communicate effectively and obtain a knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait culture and society.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will:
• Have an understanding of what culture is
• Brief overview of the Aboriginal Kinship system
• Overview of Australian/Aboriginal Historical Events
• Identify various Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Lifestyle traits
• Outline social indicators that affect Aboriginal Health & Well Being
• Overview of Aboriginal Language system
• Highlight some of the more prominent Aboriginal Protocols
• Identify myths and miss information
• Share insights into some of the developments occurring within community, wider society and government to close the gap.
• Identify organisations and resources to further explore
In a cross-cultural context, learning the simple cultural protocols can avoid preventable issues and help generate respect and understanding.
About Wariga Molla
My name is Brian Stevens and I am a proud Gunai man who has a deep understanding of cultural knowledge and Aboriginal community protocols which is supported by a career that spans nearly three decades.
0448 332 197
Our Office Hours
Mon – Fri 9:00am – 5:00pm